Sunday, May 31, 2009

I Blew a Disc

Hello all:
So this week was tough for me. As I told you last week I still have my night cough. However last Monday, I was moving a piece of spinal screening equipment out of a downpour and herniated a disc. Tuesday, I had an MRI and confirmed my herniated disc in my neck at C-7. I have had constant neck and radiating pain since the event. The good news this that we have the equipment and doctors to treat me. I started immediately on DTS decompression Traction and Chiropractic manipulations. Dr Mac adjusted me daily while Dr Dick gave me two steroid injections on Wednesday to lessen the inflammation. I have done several e-stims and ultra sounds a day since my pain is through the roof. I am some better today.

The steroid injections made me angry and made me want to eat like a horse. Wow, what a difference. This week I gained 3 lbs. I think it was mostly water weight from the steroids. So I am really trying to hold it together. The muscle relaxers they gave me make me woozy and hard to wake up in the morning as well and I don't like taking them. I will be glad when I am closer to back to normal.

Now some good news. Tracy and I are near the half way point. To date Tracy has lost 16.9 lbs of her 30 pound goal and even with the weight gain this week, I have lost 24.6 pounds of my 50 pound goal so far. We are happy with our results so far. We are on our buddy schedule to meet our goals of 80 pounds.

Dr Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment