Sunday, August 9, 2009

Announcing a Boot Camp

Hello all Dr Greg & Tracy Here
What a tough month July was on our health and our diet. As most of you know from watching me on TV, I had a real bout with bronchitis. In fact its not totally gone. I am still coughing at night. Tracy says I am keeping her up. Now for the good, the bad and the ugly. The good is that this week we both started working out again with Phil our personal terrorist. I was so sore on Wed that I could hardly move. The bad is that Tracy and I fell off our diet for some of July. For me it was because I ran a 102 for a week and and a half and missed two weeks of work. I was eating chicken soup and crackers most days and recovering. Then came the bronchitis and the steroids. For goodness sakes, I was on 4 different steroids for a month. I am still on the steroid nasal spray. I felt so rotten that I just wanted to eat little or nothing. Tracy was eating what she made me so we kind of both were off the diet for several weeks. The ugly is that I have gained 4 lbs from the steroids and Tracy has gained 2 lbs at the same time.

We sat down with Superman Phil our personal trainer and Dr Wallis our chiropractor and came up with a plan to get us back in shape and back on the diet. We started back gangbusters this past Monday. On Tuesday Phil worked us out with aerobics. Then on Thursday he did legs and Friday he did upper body. Tracy and I are so sore again.

A couple of months ago, Superman Phil and his workout team held a test boot camp. It was well received. Phil and I have decided to team up and hold a Waay to Get Fit and Rocket N2 fitness boot camp at Fern Bell Park on Sandars Rd off Whitesburg in South Huntsville. Registration for the boot camp will start Monday August 31st, 6am and 6pm and again on Wednesday Sept 2nd same times. The actual Boot Camp will start Wednesday September 9th and run every Monday Wednesday and Friday 6am and 6pm for 1 hour until October 7th. The cost will only be $31 dollars for the entire program with all profit going to charity. Boot camps normally cost over $200 so this is an opportunity for many of you to join Tracy and myself in working out. More details to follow.
Dr Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment