Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years Day



New Year New You. That is our mantra. Today we started the Waay to get fit - My Buddy Diet. Each week for the past 3 weeks WAAY TV has been following my wife Tracy and me on our preparation for the Waay to Get Fit. Each week during the 5pm news they have been showing our progress leading up to today.



First, We went to our Chiropractor, Dr. Sean Wallis (Millar Chiropractor Huntsville/Jones Valley) and learned to DREAM. -which stands for Diet/ Rest/ Exercise/ Activity/ and Mental state. Next, we signed the Buddy Diet contract. We went to our medical doctor for test to make sure we were medically ok to go on the diet. Next, we went through the cabinets and threw away all the snacks and goodies (that was tough). Then we went to Dr. Jason Reed, (Millar Chiropractor Athens/Madison) and got scanned for the Vitamins we needed. I scanned really low at 13,000 while Tracy scanned 19,000 in antioxidant protection out of a normal 40,000. Then we started with the personal trainer Phil Johnson 3 days a week. (boy am I sore- I have aching muscles I never knew I had) Finally we did the weigh in, BMI and fat percentages to track our weight loss. Here we go.... and we're off.



Today I was excited. New Year New Us. I started drinking eight 8 oz glasses of water a day. Today, I gave up drinking all cokes (regular and diet) and ice tea with meals. I now drink water with meals. I even had my one cup of coffee black this morning. Today I started following my glycemic load for the first time. I am giving up all drive through. I am eating a big breakfast and full lunch with only a salad for dinner. One of the foods I am completely eliminating is white potatoes and of course no more french fries. For full specifics go to my http://www.millarchiro.com/ website and look under Waay to Get Fit - My Buddy Diet.



I am excited and at the same time somewhat scared of what is ahead. I have publicly stated that I will lose 50 pounds and keep it off. You can't put yourself more out there than having Channel 31 follow you around with a camera in a reality show. What if I fail? I have failed many times in the past, this time with the help of my buddy, my wife Tracy, and your encouragement I feel success will come. Talk to you again tomorrow night.

Dr Greg




Hello everyone this is Tracy! It is a new year and I am very excited about our new program. I am also nervous. We are starting a whole new program. Just the other day I was on TV with Christy Douglas. (That was definitely nerve racking!) Maybe I didn't look too nervous. Anyway, Phil will be here in the morning to work out with us. He already told us that it is time to up the intensity. UH OH! I am not looking forward to that! I am however looking forward to the smaller figure and new wardrobe I will have to buy due to the fact that I won't fit in any of my clothes any more (not a bad problem to have...).



We also have to go back to work tomorrow and it will be very stressful. I am a little worried because whenever we work late, we usually will either go out to dinner or just get something quick and it is never good for us. We will no longer be able to do that. I will have to start being more organized. That is my New Year's resolution. I have things at home and at work that are unorganized. My goal this year is to learn to be more organized. It is getting late now and we have to get up very early to work out so I will sign off for now. I will write again tomorrow and let you know how our first day back at work with our new plan goes! Talk to you again tomorrow!

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment