Wednesday, January 7, 2009

ONE WEEK



ONE WEEK since we started on the WAAY to Get Fit and the "My Buddy Diet". What a week for my buddy and myself on the "My Buddy Diet". The way this diet or lifestyle modification program works is that you make a small change each week to each of five areas based on the acronym DREAM. This stands for Diet, Rest, Exercise, Activity and Mental State.


This week for Diet we added eight 8oz glasses of water each day. I found this really hard. I don't really like water. I don't particularly like the taste but we did it. We also gave up all soda, soft drinks and sweet tea. That was also tough. On diet this week we also had to leave food on our plate at the end of each meal. I've always been taught "be a good boy and clean your plate"; so, I did. This week we left food on our plate at the end of the meal. Big change for me. For rest we tried to set a fixed bedtime that would give us more sleep. We didn't do so good on that one. We're still working on it, nightly. For exercise our personal trainer Superman Phil Johnson is stretching us 3 times a week for 30 minutes. My goodness I was so sore. I tried some arnica montana to help relieve the soreness and that helped. I know it will be worth it once we start cardio and weightlifting. For Activity we have chosen ball room dancing. My Buddy, Tracy is signing us up this week. Finally for Mental State, this was a tough week. I didn't want to quit. There were nights I was hungry. I know that will get better too. I did learn to say my montra "Today is the day I DREAM to be better. Today I will do my best to love myself and my family and change my lifestyle for the better."

Join us as we go on this one year journey to Waay to Get Fit. You can use the link below to Waay TV Channel 31 to view video of the on air report every Tuesday during the 5 pm News. Also link to Millar Chiropractic for free step by step instructions each week on each of the 5 areas of change.

Dr Greg



No comments:

Post a Comment